Chicken nuggets are a sort of comfort food for many. They make you feel like a kid again, however, you no longer have that child-like naivete and now want to eat the most nutritious food you can. These paleo chicken nuggets will give you the feeling of a kid, but not the guilt associated with comfort foods. And my 13 month old daughter LOVED them!
This recipe is so easy that I didn’t even know how to put exact measurements on here (typical), so bear with me. Use your taste as your guide. You really can’t go wrong!
- Chicken Tenders or Chicken Breasts cut into “nuggets”
- Almond meal to thoroughly coat nuggets (1/4 – 1/2 cup)
- About 1 teaspoon of each – Italian seasonings (basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, etc.), salt, pepper & garlic powder. I have done it different ways, so just use what you have. This past time I added a little turmeric and it was excellent.
- Coconut Milk or Whole milk (enough to coat nuggets)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- Place Nuggets into a large bowl and pour coconut milk or whole milk over nuggets enough to coat with a little left over. Pour almond meal and spices in the bowl and stir to completely coat nuggets.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan over medium to low heat and add nuggets and cook through, stirring often (about 15-20 minutes).
They will not be extra crispy like chicken nuggets that you hand breaded (which you can do with an egg, milk, almond meal assembly line), but they have great flavor. However, if you want a more crispy nugget, simply place them on a baking sheet and cook about 10-15 minutes on 400 degrees.