Ahhh … what is it about warm coffee drinks that just make you think of cool air, fires and the holidays? Or is that just me? Either way, the primal lifestyle definitely has room for some tasty coffee treats that taste the same or better than the ones with 25 ingredients and tons of sugar. Here is the perfect example – Coconut Cinnamon Latte.
Personally I’m a big fan of lattes because they aren’t as sweet as their mocha counterparts, but they still can pack big flavor. The vanilla extract, cinnamon and coconut cream make this hot drink a treat to sit back and relax with. The recipe comes curtesy of Tropical Traditions, a company specializing in all things coconut (which you can guess, I love!).
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee (although, I don’t usually measure, for time sake and just do half coffee, half milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut cream concentrate (you can buy this from Tropical Traditions, or I usually just get canned coconut milk and put it in the fridge for a few hours and then open and scrape off the thick cream off the top – same thing).
- sugar to taste (I only put about a teaspoon and sometimes none at all. The coconut cream has a natural sweetness to it)
- Heat all ingredients on low heat until incorporated, stirring constantly.
- To get the frothiness, you can do one of two things. (1) Pour your mixture into a blender and blend for about 15 seconds, then pour into your mug OR, what I usually do, again to save time and dishes (2) Just wisk rapidly for about 30 seconds and it creates the same froth.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and prop up your feet and enjoy your healthy, tasty, warm drink in front of a fire if possible.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Will you be enjoying this drink at your Thanksgiving gatherings?