I mentioned this version in my almond banana pancakes recipe, but here is the official pumpkin pancake recipe. Because it’s the beginning of Fall and we all love paleo + pumpkin + pancakes, you should put them all together and get this incredible breakfast (or anytime) treat. These ‘pancakes’ have a slightly different texture than their regular wheat counterparts, but personally I like them much better. These actually have a flavor by themselves, where regular pancakes have to topped with sugary syrup to taste like anything. So, here’s to a better tasting, simple, nutritious pancake.
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) pumpkin pie spice
- butter (to cook with and to top)
- Honey, maple syrup, and/or walnuts (optional topping)
This makes one serving (4 pancakes). I usually multiply the ingredients by the number of people that will be eating them and usually end up with a couple left over for a snack, the next morning or easy travel food for Emma.
- 1. Heat skillet on low-medium heat. While skillet is warming, mix all ingredients until well incorporated.
- 2. Once skillet is warmed, add a little butter and spoon/pour out like you would regular wheat pancakes. Note: because these have so much more substance, allow for a few more minutes cooking time compared to regular pancakes.
- 3. Top with butter, cinnamon, honey, walnuts and/or pecans and enjoy!
What’s your favorite Fall treat?